In general terms, metallurgy is the process of extraction of metallic compounds in their purest form. In materials science perspective, metallurgy involves in understanding the physical and chemical behavior of metals. The introduction of metallurgy gave rise to alloys which involves the combination of two or more metals under defined conditions to develop a metal with advanced properties. The field of metallurgy are subdivided into various categories such as extractive, physical and mechanical metallurgy which concerns with the wider regions of classifying and designing the metals. Metallurgy focuses on combing and designing metals based on the industrial requirements and to develop a product based on human needs.
- Track 1-1 Extraction and processing of metals
- Track 2-2 Casting of metals and alloys
- Track 3-3 Metallurgical testing and analysis
- Track 4-4 Metallurgical slags as polymeric materials
- Track 5-5 Heat treatment of metals