Surface Science And Engineering
Surface engineering deals with the control or tailor the properties of a material’s surface and surface science is related to the study of chemical and physical phenomena that occur at the interface of two phases to control and optimize the properties of a material surface like biocompatibility, corrosion, wear resistance, etc. Many fields like biomaterials, aerospace, nanomaterial, automotive engineering and many technologies like MEMS, Si device technology employ the principles of surface engineering for optimizing various surface properties(e.g. corrosion, biocompatibility, and wear resistance).
- Track 1-1 Surface engineering and functionalization
- Track 2-2 Surface nanotechnology and devices
- Track 3-3 Advances in surface characterization tools
- Track 4-4 2D layered materials and assembling
- Track 5-5 Tribological applications